Partnership with Parents
Do you ever wonder what on earth to do next to entertain your child? At Danbo nursery school we place emphasis on learning through play and there are many activities you can do with your child at home that will aid their development and process of learning. Getting involved in activities together will also reinforce your bond with you child and will give you both the opportunity to have some fun.
A parent is the most important individual in a child's life they are the child's first teacher. They know more about their children than any teacher can ever know and have cared for their children from the first day of there lives.
We know how vital it is that all our staff maintains close personal links with parents. There are many opportunities for us to establish and build such partnership, with parents, we will.
- Give you sufficient time and opportunities to question and provide your child with a gentle introduction to nursery and pre-school, suggesting that you stay until your child is happily settled.
- Keep regular written reports of your child's activities and progress and share these with you.
- Lend you books to read at home with your child.
- Give children positive constructive comments.
- Encourage you, where possible to come into school to see how your child is developing.
- Invite you to social events and make sure you have the opportunity to obtain copies of all photos when the children have been photographed in school.
- Provide information to you on health issues, performance, management and first aid either through talk's articles or booklist.